Sunday, August 16, 2009

crochet ribbing

So I've scoured the internets trying to find a good eplaination of how to do the ribbed crochet edge that I use for my hats. I discovered a few things. 1) nearly every crochet hat pattern out there is top down. 2) apparently no one does the ribbing thing the way I do.

No I'm certainly not saying I invented (unvented?) this technique. I just can't find a good tutorial of it out there, so I'm posting my own.

chain 10

skipping first chain, sc in next 9 sts in back loop only; ch1, turn

fpsc in the first 8 stitches, sc in the last sc, ch 1, turn. (9 stitches)

Repeat this row until ribbed band measures 22" or size desired for hat band.


Pretty simple, I realize, but horribly effective. The FREE pattern that goes along with this band to be published tomorrow. Look for pics very soon!

No comments: