Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Another Christmas is upon us and guess what -- I'm sick. What is it with me being sick at Christmas? I'm frankly quite tired of it. The bright side is that I won't be going to the emergency room this year. I did my stint at urgent care yesterday afternoon. I have the world's worst bladder infection; at least the worst I have ever had. I won't go into details, but just trust me when I tell you that it is beyond anything I've ever gone through in my entire life, and given my medical history, that's really saying something. However the bright side is that as long as my fever doesn't spike I don't have to go to the hospital. The next step is IV antibiotics, so I'm really hoping that the cipro does its thing quickly and I start feeling human again.

In happier news, there is knitting to share. Some of these were finished some time ago, but I thought you might like to see the gifts I gave to Beastie's teachers and his two classroom aides. I don't quite have enough energy to post all the details, but they are all in my ravelry.

This one is the Cherry Garcia Cowl done in a chunky wool/acrylic; it's very cute on, although this picture doesn't give you much of a reference for scale. So i'll give you the very unattractive nostril shot as well.


Next one is the Crocheted Fan Bookmark Scarf. I fell in love with this in someone else's projects page and blatently copied it, right down to the yarn choice. Imitation = flattery.


And finally, a set of lace wristlets in Manos silk blend. This yarn is SO yum. You have to go find some and try it for yourself, trust me.

Now I'm off to go play x-box with the teen and watch the ice continue to fall from the sky. If it's going to be this cold, miserable and nasty, it should at least be snow. Happy Christmas Eve!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better!

I love your crocheted scarf! Is it hard - say for a crocheter who hasn't crocheted in years?

angela said...

oh no, it was easy; I did it completely in the car on the way to the outer banks over summer vacation. Once you got the swing of it it was pretty mindless. I'll be more then happy to talk you through it if you get stuck. Go for it!