Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010, really???

I refuse to do the whole resolution thing, but I do make some commitments every year, so if you want to call it a resolution, so be it. Here they are, in no particular order

  • I will blog more often.
  • I will be more myself in my blog; less worry about being politically correct -- I have both a work blog and a volunteer non-profit blog for those things. Here you will get the real me.
  • I have started doing weight watchers. Not so much in an effort to lose weight, which, let's face it, we all probably need to do, but more to bring a sense of accountability into my eating routine.
  • I will do my best to pay all my bills when they arrive, not set them aside and then forget about them and then feel like a deadbeat when the insurance company calls or when I get an electric shut off notice.
  • I won't take my husband's problems with his job on as my own. I have enough worries of my own to deal with -- I don't need to let his high stress career become our high stress lifestyle.
  • I will continue to be the best mom I can possibly be.
  • I will devote more of my efforts to my job, because I know I have the best job in the entire world and I am incredibly lucky to have it.
  • I will dangle participles with abandon, when I want to.
  • I commit to design at least a dozen good patterns this year, for both knit & crochet. That's a dozen total, not a dozen of each -- I'm not that crazy.
  • I will tweet, plurk, facebook, ravelry, etc, etc, etc as often as I can without making me & my social friends crazy.
  • If I want to blog something, I'm going to. I'm not going to care if it is witty or thought provoking or even just a sentence or two. If you don't like it, don't read it. This is for me from here on out.
Okay, /bitchrant.

So I've also taken on some nifty tasks for 2010. Some designing commitments I'm excited about, including designing six different things out of various flavors of Malabrigo. Plus some projects, first of those joining the 10 shawls for 2010 group on Ravelry. I'm working on my first TWO shawls simultaneously, one is knit and the other is crochet. I'll post about them later.

Beastie had his mega tummy scoping this past Monday. Everything looked good, pancreas was functioning normally, etc. They biopsied every organ from his esophogas to his rectum, most of them in 3 or 4 places. Plus they took blood samples from his tummy, spleen, intestines, colon, etc. They will be doing massive allergy testing plus all sorts of other stuff. We should be getting the results back next week.

Okay, back to the needles, need to get a sample done by tomorrow for work. My own design even! Woot!!!

No comments: