Friday, August 21, 2009

Sad, news & fear

Sad...

Sparky & Clark's closing today
By KEVIN HORAN
Daily Record/Sunday News
Updated: 08/20/2009 12:55:06 PM EDT

Sparky & Clark's Roasting Co. and Coffee Bar in the 200 block of West Market Street will close for good at 3 p.m. Thursday, its two full-time employees said today.

The company's Martin Library location in York will stay open, co-owner Mike Butler said. Butler declined to say why the West Market Street shop is closing.

The employees, Jen Schreiber and Vanessa DeLisio, said they will try to open their own coffee shop downtown, possibly in the same West Market Street location. The two collected customers' e-mail addresses Thursday, hoping to inform them of future developments. "We'll be back," Schreiber said.


I will miss my Sparky's runs. Good luck girls!!!

Front page news in our local paper: After objections, autism billboard comes down

Fear Factor:
Beastie had his appt with his new GI doc & he is amazing! I LOVE him!!! He actually “gets” autism, which is rare. We go up to Danville on Sept 10th, stay at Ronald McDonald House & then on Friday morning Beastie will be sedated and have a colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, allergy testing, biopsies of several of his organs, pancreatic function testing and I can’t remember what else. I had planned to go to the Penn State game on Saturday 9/12, but now I’m not sure I should.

I also found out yesterday that I will indeed be needing a hysterectomy. Not sure when it will be. I have my pre-op appt on Sept. 8th. I’m hoping for late October or November. After Knitter’s Day Out, the Walk for Autism and Rhinebeck. So now I am doing all that nervous, researchy stuff. Terrified, but glad to know the end is in sight.

No comments: