Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Stitches East!


Stitches! I love stitches. It's like sensory overload while drinking a caf-pow and eating a snickers. I went Friday and shopped as much as shopping with Beastie in tow is possible. I went Sunday and worked at the Uncommon Threads booth.


While there, my friends at Uncommon Threads found this fantastic sock yarn that they have decided to start carrying at their store. Lucky me, they need some samples knitted for the shop, so Beth let me choose my favorite and she bought it for me, on the condition that I let her display the socks I make for a bit. Yay! Can't beat that!

So I started Baudelaire on 10/14, right after I got home from Stitches-Sunday. I love the yarn, the pattern I am enjoying, but I really wish I had made the toe wider at the cast-on. I hate that little tiny 8 stitch toe-tip, but yet I always seem to forget how much I hate the look of it when I cast on.


I've just finished my first leaf motif and I am really enjoying the look of it so far. I also enjoy toe-up because you get to learn the pattern completely before tackling the leg portion where you are doing the pattern in the front & back.


I'm also buzzing along on my TWO entrelac scarves. Pics of that in the next post.

Happy needling, everyone!

No comments: