Saturday, June 21, 2008

Yay Summer!

School's out & Beastie is now in a full day summer program. So with that life change, I suddenly have more time to knit & clean & blog & do all those things I haven't had time for in oh, I don't know, FIVE YEARS!

So I've been having fun on Plurk and Ravelry and Twitter and all sorts of other social things, but have neglected my blog duties. I think it's because I have blog envy. I want to be able to add buttons and badges and progress bars and links and all that other cool stuff that you just can't do on livejournal. So my solution has been to not blog at all -- yeah, I know, real mature of me.

We just got back from a week at the Outer Banks. It was hot, as usual, but we mostly had a nice time. My best friend came along, but she is in the midst of a marriage meltdown, so that was a cloud that we all had to contend with throughout the week. My heart hurts so much for her. She doesn't deserve this at all. We all thought he was a good guy and now he is basically been turning into a wanker. It sucks.

In knitting news, I actually spent most of May crocheting market bags for Beastie's 7 teachers and therapists as end of the year thank you gifts. They all loved them and seemed to appreciate them.

OTN right now are about a billion things, but foremost among them are a pinwheel blanket, a baby hoodie, a pair of rag wool socks and a stunning crocheted baby blanket.

My upcoming nephew will be warm, if nothing else.

No comments: